When getting started with TikTok ad creative, forget about everything you knew about creative and ads because this platform is entirely different.
Our main word of advice is and always will be:
DESIGN ADS FOR TIKTOK SPECIFICALLY.
Seriously, we can’t stress this enough. It’s tried & tested.
There’s a 95% chance your ads you made for another platform won’t work on TikTok.
TikTok is a unique video creation platform.
The distinct style of TikTok videos, means repurposing content you’ve used on another platform isn’t an option. Your Instagram ad creatives just won’t work here. When you advertise on TikTok, you need to design for TikTok.
Important points for designing your TikTok ad creative
- Talking directly to the camera – this is what TikTok is designed for.
- You only have 2-3 seconds to capture attention before the user scrolls to the next video. Use a good hook or you’ve lost them.
- Break loose, have fun and use humour for your TikTok’s. Most people reach to TikTok to be entertained, they don’t want to feel like they’re being sold something.
- Music is the heart of TikTok. Create your content around the music/sound you’re going to use instead of the other way around. Most people want a trending song, a joke or something funny – an unknown sound probably won’t work well unless the video is really great.
- Editing natively to TikTok – the video needs to feel native to the platform, the way to do this is by making sure the video is the right size (9×16), is the correct length 15-60 seconds is the recommended time, using voiceovers from the app, transitions, using the fonts the app provides, trending music, etc.
- Make sure your video resolution is high (720P+)
- The power of on-screen text. Videos that include captions or texts on the screen with a clear CTA have 55.7% more impressions than videos without additional elements.
- Be human. Remember who your audience is and talk to them as if they were your friends. Give your brand a personality, tell your story…
- Riding the wave & using the hottest trends right now will help stay ahead of the competition.
Our own experience on TikTok
TikTok has become an ad platform you simply can’t miss out on. Recently, we’ve seen our clients hitting their non-sales highest revenue days shortly after starting to advertise on TikTok.
For example, one of our clients achieved a highest revenue day so far of £6,548.35 on May 27th.
This came shortly after we launched TikTok ads around 14th April, meaning that he highest revenue day was around 6 weeks after launching on TikTok.
What’s even better?
We were only spending only £220 a day on TikTok and are aiming at scaling further.
Only last week we covered the new features that TikTok has introduced to help you achieve your own record sales days.
Interested in getting on TikTok?
Book a call with us today and claim your free audit!